CHÂTEAU DE LA GUERCHE
Construction of the current Château de la Guerche was started in 1454 by André de Villequier and completed between 1495 and 1505 by his son Arthus. During the wars of religion in the late 16th century, the castle was stormed and looted by the royal troops. Later, around 1650, Caesar d’Aumont, governor of Touraine, rebuilt the southeast wing and improved the visual appearance of the castle.
In 1735 the Marquis Voyer d’Argenson, Minister of War for Louis XV, acquired the castle which was used mainly as a hunting lodge. Under the Terror, the roofs and the top floor of the castle are demolished.