CHÂTEAU DE BRISSAC
The chateau was originally built as a castle by by the Counts of Anjou in the 11th century to protect the region. The property and title was purchased by René de Cossé in May 1502 and it has remained their private residence and family home for over 500 years. Their descendants, the marquis and the marquise still live in this house with their four children.
The chateau was “updated” in 1611 with 17th century Baroque style architecture to give the current seven story building. The château and gardens are open to the public for tours and overnight stays in its guest rooms.